The Best Humanitarian Organizations To Work For

Working for a humanitarian organization can be both rewarding and fulfilling. There are different humanitarian organizations for just about any field of study: science, environmental, medical and education. Most humanitarian organizations welcome any and all volunteers despite their educational background.

MedShare International

MedShare International’s redistributes extra medical supplies from hospitals and gives them to medical facilities in third world nations. The company is helping developing countries and their people by giving them desperately needed supplies and cutting down on waste from hospitals and medical buildings. No government funding is given to MedShare International since they operate strictly on donations. Volunteers are always needed to package and sort supplies.

The International Children’s Fund

The International Children’s Fund donates food, clothing, medical supplies and medication to children in African countries. The charity delivers these goods directly so there is no chance that the supplies will be lost or stolen. 98% of the money that the International Children’s Fund raises goes towards helping children while the other 2% goes to administrative salaries. The charity has also helped build schools and aided in the creation of wells for many African nations. The organization accepts donations of clothing, medical supplies and money.

The Nature Conservancy

The Nature Conservancy’s main goal is to protect the environment and natural habitats for animals. The charity aims to be a go-between for environmental enthusiasts and corporations who want to buy land for their use. The Nature Conservancy uses about 700 scientists to conduct research and solve problems relating to climate change and the preservation of the rainforests and coral reefs. The Nature Conservancy has already helped save 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers throughout the world.

Doctors Without Borders

Doctors Without Borders sends well-trained doctors to nations that are experiencing epidemics, poor living conditions or for those countries that do not have necessary medical care available to them. These doctors are giving emergency medical care to patients who desperately need it but cannot afford it. The organization is non-biased with no religious or political affiliations. The doctors will only help those in need, and many will go to parts of the world that nobody wants to go to attend to the sick.

Click on your state to receive information about Schools near you!

Habitat for Humanity

Habitat for Humanity holds the belief that every person has the right to a clean and safe home. Their mission is to build homes and shelters for those who have lost their home due to natural disasters or for those whoreside in cramped living spaces. Habitat for Humanity also aims to fix unsanitary living conditions and revive downtrodden neighborhoods, turning them into livable areas.Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organization and operates on donations from people, corporations and businesses.

There are many humanitarian organizations from which to choose, but the best ones are charities that do the most to help people. These non-profit groups do not have much money for salaries but welcome volunteers. The payment is doing something good for another person.

Click On Your City To Get Information of The Best Schools!!!